In conjunction with Cornell University, Florida A & M University College of Agricultural & Food Sciences Entomology Program will be presenting a conference on Bed Bugs in Public Housing. Presenters from academia, pest control industries, an individuals representing public housing will be on hand to talk about the ongoing issues associated with bed bugs in low-income multi-unit housing. If you would like to learn more about the growing issue of bed bugs in shelter & group homes, Cornell University has published an excellent PDF regarding identification and treatment that can be found here.
- Participants will learn about methods
to detect, monitor, prevent, and manage bed bug infestations in
- Presentations will be made by
academics, pest control industry professionals, and professionals
that work in housing.
- The meeting is open to public housing
managers, public works staff, maintenance staff, resident services
caseworkers, resident coordinators, private landlords and their
staff that receive federal assistance for low-income housing, pest
management professionals, and staff that work in temporary living
facilities for the homeless.
- Continental breakfast and lunch are included
- The South East Bed Bug Meeting for Public Housing is scheduled for Thursday, June 29th from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Tallahassee Community College, Workforce Development Building 38, Grand Ballroom.
Pre-registration can be done online at the link below. Pre-registered cost is $5.00 per person if payment is received prior to June 14, 2017. Late registration is $25.00 per person. Parking at the TCC campus is free.
TCC Campus Map (PDF)